2015 Hawaii Raffle – Student/Parent Info
RAFFLE TICKETS (sold and unsold) & MONEY DUE NOW!
Student turn in is
NO LATER than Wednesday 2/25/15 at 3:00PM
to your director!
A Note from the Directors
December 20, 2014
Dear Batavia Music Families,
Last week Music Buffs announced the 6th Annual Gala on February 28th, 2015. In addition, they launched a Raffle for a Hawaiian Vacation that has been generously donated by the Klemm family. In the past, only those attending the Gala had an opportunity to bid on this during a live auction. This year, a raffle format was selected to allow more families to participate and have a chance to win!
Over the past week, we gave the students a presentation detailing the raffle procedures and asked them to check out one booklet of five raffle tickets each. Each ticket costs only $10.00 and the drawing will take place at this year’s Gala. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing.
If each of our music students sold five tickets, we would raise over $22,000 for our music programs. As an added incentive for your student, the one who sells the winning ticket will receive $100 in cash or in their Charms account. These funds are greatly needed to repair and replace instruments and equipment, replace uniforms worn by curricular and co-curricular ensembles, buy music, pay for guest clinicians, and help offset the costs for our children to participate in the many co-curricular ensembles at BHS.
To date, about 160 of over 400 students have checked out a book of tickets. If your student did check out a book, we ask that you encourage them to get these tickets sold quickly and check out more if they can. If they have yet to do so, please encourage them to. If you are a member of the Music Buffs and would like to sell tickets as well, please contact Lucy Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to check out a booklet. A total of 800 booklets (4,000) tickets have been printed, so the potential for this fundraiser is huge, but we could use as much help as possible.
For details, procedures, and FAQ’s about the Hawaiian Trip raffle, please visit the Batavia Music Buffs website at www.bataviamusicbuffs.org. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this excellent fundraising opportunity! We truly appreciate your support for Batavia Music!
Have a wonderful winter break!
Your BPS101 Music Directors
Student/Music Family Hawaii Raffle Procedures
- Your book of raffle tickets has a value of $50.00 or $10.00 per ticket.
- Have ticket buyer fill out ticket stub legibly with complete contact information requested. (Be sure all writing is left of the perforation between the stub and the ticket.
- Verify that you can read the information before handing over their portion of the ticket to them.
- Tear off large ticket and give to ticket buyer
- Retain stub and place in envelope along with payment. (Checks may be made out to Batavia Music Buffs).
- As soon as you sell all five tickets, bring envelope with stubs and money to your director for verification.
- Once your envelope has been verified BY A DIRECTOR, they will drop in lock box.
- You may check out more books one at a time at designated times to be announced.
- DO NOT LOSE!!!! You are responsible for the tickets, ticket stubs and the money.
- Deadline for ticket sales in February 20, 2015.
- All unsold tickets, ticket stubs and money must be turned NO LATER than this date.
- FAQ’s: During the course of selling tickets you may be asked some of the following questions.
Q. Is airfare included?
A. No. Raffle is for accommodations only.
Q. Is there a maximum occupancy for each location?***
A. The one-bedroom can sleep 4 people (Oahu & Big Island location)
A. The two-bedroom can sleep 6 people. (Big Island Location Only)
A. Additional roll away is available at both locations.
Q. What is the travel by date?
Q. What is the book by date?
Q. Can the trip be transferrable to another? IE, someone buys a ticket in their name but wants to gift the trip to someone else?
Q. What are the number of days and number of nights?
A. 8 days/7 nights
***The adult responsible on the premises must be at least 25 years old.