Open Letter from Division Coordinator of Fine Arts
Dear Batavia Music Family,
Every year the Batavia music teachers provide an exceptional experience both in and outside of our music classrooms for your students. We were humbled and excited to be recognized as a Grammy signature school semi-finalist this year, one of nine Illinois high schools given such an award. Our competitive groups, Swinsingers, Legacy, and Marching band regularly compete against other schools from around the state. None of these groups attended competitions even five years ago. Our Chamber Orchestra was invited to perform at the prestigious Illinois Music Educator’s Conference last year. Our Wind Symphony won the 5A state concert band championship last year at Illinois State University. We are in an age of Batavia music where the students are at the highest level of musicianship in Batavia High School history.
We could never do any of this without the continued support of you, our families. Our department has grown because all of you and in particular, the wonderful volunteer efforts of the Batavia Music Buffs. Each year they raise funds which go to every one of our programs and help keep student fees as low as possible. With the Hawaii raffle, we have the opportunity to help us to purchase the following items, which have long been on our wish list:
|Overall Department||Orchestra/Chamber Orchestra|
Total Amount for all Items Requested: $75,000.00
The Hawaii raffle can raise nearly $40,000. For the next two weeks, we need your support to continue and help your students and our teachers reach their goals and continue to grow the program. Visit Hawaii Raffle Info for information to purchase a ticket. Below is additional information:
Batavia Music Buffs Hawaii Trip Raffle!
- Description: Prior to Winter Break, the Music Buffs announced the 5th Annual Gala on February 28th, 2014. In addition, they launched a Raffle for a Hawaiian Vacation that has been generously donated by the Klemm family. In the past, only those attending the Gala had an opportunity to bid on this during a live auction. This year, a raffle format was selected to allow more families to participate and have a chance to win!
- Cost of Raffle Tickets: Each raffle ticket costs $10.00 and the drawing will take place at this year’s Gala. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing. If each music student sold five tickets, we would raise over $22,000 for our music programs!
- How to Sell Tickets: If you or your student would like to sell additional raffle tickets and gain additional chances to win, you can! Booklets are available with any BHS music teacher.
- Exciting Incentives for Students!
- The student who sells the winning ticket will receive $100 in cash or in their Charms fundraising account.
- The student who sells the most tickets will win their choice of 1 of the following: iPad mini, Beats Headphones, or $200 Visa Gift Card!!
- The 2nd and 3rd place selling students will win $75 and $50, respectively.
- Thank you in advance for your assistance with this excellent fundraising opportunity! We truly appreciate your support for Batavia Music!
5th Annual Music Buffs Gala, “A Red Carpet Experience” – Tickets on Sale Now!
Description: The Batavia Music Buffs 5th Annual Gala (formerly Night of Jazz) is just around the corner at Eagle Brook Country Club in Geneva! BHS Jazz bands, Chamber Orchestra and selected vocalists will perform swing, rock, funk, and just about anything to get you on the dance floor. The kids work hard for months to put on an enjoyable evening for everyone in town. The unique aspect of the Annual Gala is putting the students in an authentic environment for performances. It is an evening for performing students to feel like the stars of the entire night. Singing at the event has become a major honor for BHS vocalists. The Annual Gala is a wonderful evening for the community, performing students and attendees to celebrate and support our outstanding Grammy-Nominated BHS music programs.
- Date: February 28th, 2014
- Time: 6:00pm – 10:30pm
- Location: Eagle Brook Country Club, Geneva
- To Buy Tickets: Tickets are now on sale through the Batavia Music Buffs Website at www.bataviamusicbuffs.org. Prices are $50 for attendees / free for student performers.
Thank you for making Batavia such a great place to work and for your students to study music. GO BULLDOGS!!
Division Coordinator, Fine Arts
Batavia High School