THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN! DEADLINE IS APRIL 28, 2017.
GERTRUDE PETIT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Batavia High School
The Gertrude Petit Memorial Scholarship is an annual gift given in loving memory of Mrs. Petit. She was the mother to several children who were active and enthusiastic members of the Batavia Music Program. This scholarship of $1000.00 has been designed in her honor to help a worthy graduating senior in the pursuit of higher education in the area of Music Education or Music Performance at any accredited college or university of his or her choice. The scholarship is strictly limited to those students who have been accepted as full-time music majors.
SUMMER CAMP RESIDENTIAL $50.00 SCHOLARSHIPS
Batavia High School AND Rotolo Middle School
Additional scholarships for $50.00 each will be awarded to BHS music students (Fr., Soph., Jr.) AND RMS music students (6th, 7th, & 8th) planning to attend a residential (sleep away) summer music camp. You must submit proof of camp acceptance with your application.
SUMMER RESIDENTIAL CAMP BASIC SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a BPS101 6th, 7th or 8th grade music student attending a residential summer music camp (commuter camps not eligible) OR
- Must be a BPS101 student (Fr., Soph., or Jr.) attending a residential summer music camp (commuter camps not eligible) and
- Must have at least average academics and
- NOT based on financial need and
- Must show capability for improvement and
- Must be an enthusiastic music participant and
- Must complete the necessary application form by April 16th and
- Must submit proof of acceptance from the music camp
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS/FAMILIES OF APPLICANTS
- Scholarships can only be awarded to students who Batavia Music Buffs has received a complete application (including confirmation of camp acceptance) for by the application deadline.
- There may be instances were scholarships are not awarded for particular ensembles/groups if we have not received applications from any student within that discipline.
- Every effort is made to award scholarships within all disciplines to the extent applications have been received from students within that ensemble.
- Scholarship recipients are announced and awarded scholarships during the final group/ensemble performance in the discipline they have applied under at the end of the school year.
- Dual music students who apply for scholarships will be awarded their scholarship at the final group/ensemble performance for the discipline they applied under: (EX. If the student is in both Choir and Band but apply for a Band Summer Camp Scholarship, their scholarship award will be announced during the final band performance only).
All applications must be postmarked or received online by APRIL 28th, 2017 – there are no exceptions.